Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bulletin Board Makeover

Our bulletin board was in desperate need 
of a makeover!
I gathered a few items and got to work.  

Before:


I had a $5 broken garage sale frame, some leftover fabric from when I covered my dining room chairs, and a medallion that was hanging on my bedroom wall, but never really looked like it fit in with the rest of the room.

First, I removed the cork from the original frame and threw the rest of the old bulletin board in the trash.  I cut the cork board to the size of the new frame.  Then, I used a little hot glue to attach the fabric to the back of the frame to keep it from moving.  I placed the covered cork board in the frame and it was a snug fit since I had cut it to the exact size, I didn't need to use any hardware to keep it in the frame.  Lastly, I hot glued the medallion over the broken part of the frame. 


After:


I love it!  
The total cost was the $5 frame 
and less than two hours of my time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment