Sunday, January 27, 2013

Piano Bench Makeover

Yikes!  This $3 garage sale piano bench was filthy and smelled.  Of course, that didn't keep me away!  I bought it at a garage sale in Big Bear, CA and brought it all the way back to Las Vegas, much to my husband's dismay. :)

$17 in supplies and about two hours worth of labor and it looks amazing!


First, I unscrewed the padded seat and threw everything away except the wood.  I sanded the wood and then washed off all the dust. 

Next, I gave the wood two coats of spray paint.  As that was drying, I covered the bench wood with padding and material and used a staple gun to attach both to the back.

Lastly, I re-screwed the bench back on top of the base.   It looked slightly plain, so I hot glued the fringe around the perimeter.  
I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment