Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Lorax

We found The Lorax on Netflix and all of the sudden, it became a Lorax weekend!


I bought a $5 throw to use for the Thneed.  After sewing, in order to turn it inside out, I had to sew the middle after I turned it inside out.  
It really does have a million uses!

I used embroidery thread to make the Truffula trees.  I wrapped the thread around two fingers, slipped it off and tied a string tight around the middle.  Then, I cut all the loops.  After I fluffed the puffy ball, I slid a twig inside the string I had tied in the middle.

The Lorax pancake is made out of one marshmallow cut in half for the eyes, two chocolate chips, mandarin oranges, pancake mix and yellow and red food coloring.

It's been a fun weekend, all for less than $10!

No comments:

Post a Comment