Sunday, January 20, 2013

From Candle Holder to Serving Dish

I found a candle holder at a garage sale for $3, talked them down to $1, came home and transformed it into a serving dish.  I love that it's elevated so I can put more food on the table.

The glass piece unscrewed (of course, I saved it!), but if it hadn't, I would've just broken the glass out lower than the top of the wooden piece.

I got out my hand sander and sanded the wood for a distressed look.  

I had previously purchased four plates for $1 at a garage sale and was holding on to them waiting for a good idea to come along.  I used E6000 clear epoxy (any multi-surface glue will work) around the top of the candle holder and put it upside down on the back of one of the plates.  

After a few hours, I turned it right side up and had an elevated serving dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment