Monday, January 28, 2013

Nightstand Makeover :)

What a difference a paint job makes!


I bought this nightstand at a garage sale for $2.50. What a steal!  I did have it hanging out the back of the car from Whittier, CA to Las Vegas, though.   I was not going to let that stop me, I loved it!

I removed the hardware first, then gave it a good sanding.  After, I gave it a good washing to get rid of the sanding dust.  While it was drying, I dipped the hardware in the paint and let them dry on a piece of wood.  Then, I gave it two coats of paint, letting the first coat dry for two hours before applying the second coat.  I let second coat dry overnight before I put the hardware back.

I really like the end results and it matches the decor in my room now.  My husband wants me to change the hardware, he says the nightstand is constantly smiling at him when he comes in the room.  I'll think about it, I like it just the way it is and since I already had the paint, it only cost me the original $2.50. :)

1 comment:

  1. Do you Have to sand every nook and cranny? This looks great do you think it would work with spray paint?

    ReplyDelete